Tara Desai was the older sister of Vikram Desai who killed her five years ago while she was babysitting Danny, Jo and Lacey. She was also the sister-in-law of Karen Desai and the aunt of Danny Desai, who took the blame for killing her for Vikram. She used to wear the same necklace as Regina Crane. Kyle and Tess Masterson have agreed that she was always angry during her time alive.
In We Need Talk About Danny, Danny told Jo that he killed his aunt because he could tr.
In Dead Men Tell Big Tales, it was revealed that Vikram framed Danny for the murder of Tara.
She made an appearance only in the photos Danny was looking through.
Grief Is A Five Letter
She made an appearance only in her photos, once again.
We Need To Talk About Danny
We see her headstone at Green Grove Cemetery - it says "Tara Desai, 1964 - 2008. There is nothing in the world so wonderful as to love and be loved; there is nothing so devastated as love lost."
- In the early minutes of Pilot, it is revealed that she was babysitting eleven-year-olds Jo, Lacey, and Danny when Vikram strangled her with a red skipping rope. She is talked about five years later.
- Grief Is a Five Letter Word
- PSA De Resistance
- We Need To Talk About Danny
- Dead Men Tell Big Tales (flashback)
- Vikram murdered Tara Desai because she knew too much about the family and the affair, which Vikram had with Regina's mother.
- It was revealed in 'Pilot' that she was an author.
- She wasn't married and didn't have any biological children but she had an adopted child named Charlie McBride.
- She was 44 at the time of her murder.
- Vikram's reason for murdering his sister was because she knew too many of his secrets.
- Charlie McBride is her adoptive son; she adopted him from her brother Vikram after Charlie's real mother, Tess Masterson (Jo's mother) gave birth to him.
- Tara's death was the reason Charlie went to extremes against Danny and Jo.
- Vikram was responsible for Tess's child, Charlie McBride, to be placed in Tara's family.
- Danny Desai took the fall for Tara's murder because his father convinced him that he would not be going to jail for a long time, since he is only a child, but he eventually had been in juvie for 5 years.